Sydney Visitor Information
Welcome to Discover Sydney's Visitor Information page. Here you will find loads of information relating to the amazing city of Sydney, including; history, maps, weather, beaches, flights, currency and more. See below for more details.
- General Sydney Info: Sydney is located 33 degrees 55' south of the equator sharing a similar latitude to Buenos Aires and Cape Town in the Southern Hemisphere, and Casablanca, Los Angeles and Beirut in the North.
- Sydney's European History: Sydney was first visited by the British in 1770 when Captain James Cook and Joseph Banks sailed the Endeavor into Botany Bay.
- Sydney's Aboriginal History: There is till some disagreement among scholars as to the exact time when Aborigines first arrived in Australia.
- Sydney Maps: We currently offer a range of maps that will help you find your way around Sydney. One of the best ways to see the city and get your bearings is to jump on the Sydney Explorer Bus or the Bondi Explorer Bus.
- Sydney's Beaches: Sydney is famous for its excellent surfing beaches. There are also some popular beaches along the harbour foreshores that don't have any surf including Redleaf, Nielsen Park, Parsley Bay and Camp Cove.
- Sydney Weather: Sydney has a pleasantly mild climate. Temperatures are generally in the mid 20's with clear sunny days common for around a third of the year.
- Getting to Sydney: Sydney is located on the southern coast of New South Wales between the smaller coastal cities of Woolongong and Newcastle.
More Information & Helpful Links